sexta-feira, 25 de outubro de 2024

Blackwood Apology - House of Leather 1969

Combining soft sunshine-pop harmonies with complex, acid-tinged arrangements, this ‘69 concept album features the work of ex-Gestures member Dale Menten! The-album-turned-rock-opera became a huge hit, full of ethereal ballads, mind-bending solos, and enough Hammond organ that’ll leave your head spinning! “One day, the Castaways approached me and asked if I’d like to do an album with them.” Both Minnesota natives, Dale knew of the Castaways from his days with the Gestures and remained friends even after the Gestures disbanded. “They asked to see the songs I had been working on, so I showed them ‘House Of Leather.’ Among the other songs they chose, they wanted to do that one as well. House Of Leather just seemed to flow out of me, I wrote it for me; I had no interest in recording it.”

After assembling the band, Menten turned the concept album into a stage show! “It sold out every night,” Menten recalls, “It was truly an incredible experience.”

listen here

Sem comentários: